- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup whole chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Puree dates in food processor until a thick sticky paste forms.
- Add cocoa powder, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Process until well combined.
- Add almonds and blend until well chopped and distributed.
- Transfer mixture to wax paper and mold into a rectangle or press into a loaf pan to easily create a rectangular shape.
- Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from fridge and cut into bars. Wrap bars individually for storage.
- This recipe was extremely simple and the results were great, if not better than store-bought bars!
They are sweet, crunchy, and nutrient dense – the perfect snack!
← Older Post
Newer Post →